Tuesday 1 January 2013

And a happy new year :)

So 30th of December rolls in with me waking up at Kevin Wrights house on the west side of Surat - a nice evening was had by all and I was reasonably happy having stayed sober all night

It was a bit of a suprise to get a call at 12:00 to ask if I wanted to go to a fellow workers birthday party and could I take my employers husband home in Pom's car - so I duly set off on my mission. I tried stopping in town to get a new hard drive and some sort of birthday gift/card/token but was unsuccessful, my only achievement being getting a soaking from the rain my prcrastinations left me in. Never mind , home showered and ready I waited for 2:30 which was when Pa'Boo turned up - I walked out with him to have someone tell me to just take the keys and set off to his house (via a supermarket where he decided to buy some beer - "No thanks not for me I am driving...")

We waited at Gans house with the family and as we were about to leave , about an hour later I had some food put in front of me which I gratefully ate not having had more than a cup of coffee for breakfast. We called in at Gan's parents house as we headed east out of town , approximately 12 or 15 km later we u-turned and took a side road leading south off of Highway 41. Straight away on arrival the true reason for the invite comes to light - Oh Burns father is selling some land a field and some building plots ... are you interested....

I am / was / will be (when I sort my finances) always nice to know what the going rate is. I hopped into the car that had turned up and we set off. Two pieces of land - one cut up into building plots about 2 rai I think at 2000 gbp a plot i thought it was OK - the other is much bigger 4 rai or about 2 acres - 6m baht or about 120,000 which i thought was OK too - anyone got some spare cash they want to invest?????????????????



So after the tour of the land I got back to Burns for her birthday meal and pondered the options - had a nice chat with her father and some of the other guests. Got back to Surat in time to pop down to Rim Nam and drink a few sods whilst chatting about the previous nights events - Sorry Angie but I had to go home

New years Eve started slowly with an early rise and heading off to Chaiya - I arrived about 9 oclock to be warmly greeted - Then spent 4 hours wandering round looking for a monk that had either seen me coming or had dissapeared into light ;)