Thursday 10 January 2013

Finding Things - Epilogue

Since my last post I have had a few... lets just call them events, happen in my life.
I cant call them positive or negative at this time but they have certainly unsettled me

I will write more on this when I have meditated on them and feel I have a good grasp of the implications.

My intention was to follow up the last post soon after with what follows...

Everyday I ride on my scooter and contemplating various things - mostly the scenes and everyday life of Surat Thani waking up each morning - Where I stay the owner has house keepers that do the washing etc etc, This has been fine but occasionally slight irritations happen. When I went on retreat in 2010 I bought a couple of T-Shirts from the Hermitage - One of these has dissapeared in the wash but no real worry - its slogan was "Nature Is My Co-Pilot".

Many people avoid the hustle and bustle of city life seeing it as stressful and unnatural - One morning a concept struck me that had come from reading a comment by Budhassa Bikku about how we should be grateful for the houses and buildings that those that have gone before us have created.
That's when it struck me one nice sunny morning as I was sat in traffic - that nature was indeed my co-pilot, I was sat looking at it all around me - the cars, the buildings and the hairless monkeys that surrounded me playing with their companions and the trinkets and tools their companions had conceived and created

Only those that see their situation as being separate from the whole that we are part of will have issues seeing this view, but then that is their misfortune...


************************************************************
Today is the anniversay of  :       http://vimeo.com/10150048


 
Humbling